Thread: Bradley Beal
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2021, 12:11 AM   #34
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Eh, agree to disagree. There is a reason KP is called the unicorn, but it's ok, lots of Mavs fans have hated on him. Only think to really hate on though is the injuries. I'm not sure what you think a star player should have that he doesn't?
You throw in "the injuries" as an aside, like it's not a big deal. "Yeah he's awesome besides the injures." Like, the injuries are pretty damn important. Injuries are the reason a lot of championships don't get won. Yao Ming might have been MVP if not for the injuries. Ralph Sampson and Hakeem might have been dynasty together if not for the injuries... Injuries are important.

What I think a star player should have that he doesn't? I already said. How about making one all-nba team in his career. If you're not a top 15 player, then how much of a "star" are you? I think that's more than fair.

Quote:
If you want to judge him based on being hurt, then that's fair. But talent-wise, maybe he isn't elite, but he is certainly just a half step below IMO. Certainly a second star for sure.
Again. I'm looking at NBA history. The second best players on title teams are usually better than KP. Usually they're hall of famers or close to it.

Let me put it this way, if KP were the level of star that you seem to be arguing that he is, then the Mavs would be title contenders right now with a healthy KP. Lebron and AD, Lebron and Kyrie, Lebron and Wade, Steph and Klay, MJ and Scottie, Shaq and Kobe, Bird and McHale... Go down the list. Star duos that win titles together- the 2nd star tends to be a perennial all-nba guy. KP isn't that. If he stays healthy can he be? Maybe? I don't know. But he has not demonstrated it yet. And frankly, 5 years in the NBA is a long time not to demonstrate it.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 01-12-2021 at 12:13 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote