View Single Post
Old 03-29-2006, 03:11 AM   #37
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixeightmkw
They were predicted to win the East 2 years ago, they got to the finals and BLEW it.
What, because they lost? The way I remember, they were predicted to win the east well before the Pistons picked up Rasheed. That changed the balance of power in the East completely. Those were two very evenly matched teams. The Pistons turned out to be better that year, and they proved it by stomping the Lakers.

Quote:
I seem to remeber at least 3 people gettin in that fight, not just Artest.
They were sticking up for their teammate. Not saying it was right, Artest was solely responsible for that incidident. Tell me, do you think Peja Stojakavic or David Harrison are going to charge into the stands throwing punches at the fans sometime next season?

Quote:
They are predicted every year to be great and they find some way to not be great. I don't care about injuries, look at the Mavs, they are still great even though half their team is gone. I don't know what the fascination is with Indiana, if it was because Bird was coaching them or that J Oneil was on the team or what, but I am sick of hearing every year how great they are going to be then end up being the 4th or 5th best team in the East.
They "find some way not to be great".... Uh, well Artest caused a riot at a basketball game and was suspended for the entire season. Losing the defensive player of the year who also happens to be your second scoring option kind of hurts. You don't care about injuries? Look at the Mavs? Dude, when the Pacers' injuries have usually been to Jermaine and Jamall Tinsley. Jermaine's their franchise player, Tinsley's their point guard. The Mavs haven't lost Dirk for an extended period of time, or Terry for that matter, so I hardly think the two situations compare.

The "fascination" with Indiana is that they have a very talented, deep roster, and a great coach. The past two years they ended up being the 4th or 5th best team because their two best players were gone. Like I said, they were incredible considering the circumstances.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 03-29-2006 at 03:22 AM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote