View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 01:27 AM   #233
nashtymavsfan13
Diamond Member

nashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant futurenashtymavsfan13 has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaggyDirk
Last night after Dirk hit the three, my wife said "what is with the pulling the jersey out from his body like that?" It does seem shallow to think that Dirk is just doing that to show his number 41 or to say he is the man. So, I didn't know how to respond other than it's just an uncontrollable man thing.

What I didn't say was, Dirk is just so humble and reserved that when he does something spectacular FOR HIS TEAM, that is how he releases the pressure built inside him. I saw one of the videos above and he was doing it probably since his rookie year.
He's not doing it to show off his name or number or anything, it's just a way of celebrating, sort of like a fist pump or something. Just a way of releasing emotion, not cocky or anything at all.

"He's as valuable as anyone. The most unusual thing is that they lose last year's MVP and still get better. It's unheard of."

"For a team as good as the Mavs, the regular season is just 82 practice games until the real season begins." -G-Man

"We wanted this for Dirk because of his heart, his class, his work ethic, his humility, his sense of humor, his respect for the game, and his respect for people."
nashtymavsfan13 is offline   Reply With Quote