View Single Post
Old 05-08-2011, 08:54 PM   #71
snackdaddy

snackdaddy is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyangus View Post
Thanks, you are one class dude, unlike Bynum & Odom. I was a huge Lakers fan back in the 80's and it was tough to watch the Lakers & Mavs play. I was a Mavs fan too, but my heart was with Magic, Kareem, Worthy and the rest. Proud franchise and proud fans, and it is good to see not all Laker fans are arrogant & pompous. I feel for you, since we have been on the bad end of it so many times.
Actually, it just seems that all Laker fans are pompous and arrogant when a select few go on the other teams message board and talks smack. Most of us Laker fans just want to see our team win. Much like you guys want to see your team win. And not only did your team win, they gave a beat down. If they continue to shoot like that, no one can beat them. And that includes the big 3 in Miami.

I've never seen a team shoot like that for a whole series. Some think the Lakers left their defense in the last series. But they were either best or second best defending the 3 this season. I think you're team just made a concerted effort to maximize the good shooters on the floor. There were some 3's that had hands in their faces and still went in. It wasn't so much what the Lakers didn't do as what the Mavs did do.

From what I've seen most fans around the country either love the Lakers or hate the Lakers. The rest of them are fans of the town they live in. Thats why ratings are higher when the Lakers play in the finals. Parity has been good for the NFL. I hope its good for the NBA. Without the Lakers, ratings may be down. I hope not. The World Series ratings were one of the lowest ever because the Yankees/RedSox/Phillies/Mets, etc were not in it. I hope the NBA doesn't go that route.

And if you guys make it to the finals, and I think you will, I hope you shoot the lights out again. Another Miami/Dallas finals would be attractive to the casual fan. Especially if Dallas gets their revenge.
snackdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote