View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 03:39 PM   #3
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

I don't mind him having to do his work at home, but I don't believe he has any right to be in the classroom. He has pled guilty to a violent crime. To me that takes away any "right" to a free education. Yes, we all make mistakes, but there are consequences for the mistakes. I don't have kids yet, but if and when I do, I don't want to have to worry about them sitting next to someone who has admitted being guilty of attempted murder. To me we are infringing upon the rights and saftey of all the kids in the classroom who don't commit violent crimes. And as a teacher, I don't want to have to worry about making this kid "blow up" again. I've had my share of kids come through my classes wearing ankle bracelets issued either by the juvenille detention center or by the police department. When I go to the counselor to find out why these kids have to wear the bracelets, most of the time the response is, "We don't know. That information is confidential." What? So if this kid has raped someone or beat someone to a bloody pulp, I can't know that so that I can watch for that behavior? It would be nice to protect the rights of the innocent in my classroom.

Okay, I'm off my soapbox for now.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote