View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 04:45 PM   #5
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

Send the kid to an alternative classroom. I should have said that in my first post. Example: We have a dedicated facility off of the main cmapuses for troubled students. It is very disciplined and the kids get no second chances. That environment is enough to scare some of them out of their stupidity. Those who straighten up usually are successful down the line. I've worked with some of these kids and they are often worth the extra effort. Those who insist on being asses had their chance. Too bad.

smiles- every school district has someone who can be a mentor/counselor/etc. There would be no additional cost.

One last point....I think he has to own up 100% and testify to everything he did and explain the roles of the others. I also think he needs to be sentenced to a fair judgement by a judge and he must comply completely to that judgement. It sounds to me like this kid was stupid, understands that he has to face the consequences but wants to step up and own to his role. If that is the case, I have no problem giving him a little latitude to pursue his diploma, even if it is at an alternative classroom.
Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote