View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 06:37 PM   #9
raefformvp
Golden Member

raefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant futureraefformvp has a brilliant future

Actually our alternative school is Turning Point. Venture is for kids who don't feel like the classroom setting is the best place for them to succeed. At Venture they work at their own pace and many who go there graduate early. However, there are only so many spots available and a long waiting list to get accepted.

Doc, I agree that an alternative classroom is ideal for cases like this. What I don't understand is why it took the district so long to place him outside of the classroom. Apparently he was at Turning Point most of the Spring semester but was allowed to return to Sam's campus when school started in the Fall. I believe the only reason he isn't in the classroom right now is because a parent complained. From what it sounds like, Texas law allows the student to return to campus so long as the crime didn't happen on school grounds or at a school sponsored event.

And Capcity, you would probably be surprised to find that Sam isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. In fact from everything I have heard, they have far fewer discipline problems than Lamar. Some of that has to do with the redrawing of district lines when Juan Seguin was added. Because of that, some of the former Martin students were forced to move to Sam.

my boy cheering on the Mavs with his Mavs maraca and wearing his Jason Terry headband.
raefformvp is offline   Reply With Quote