View Single Post
Old 10-12-2021, 02:14 PM   #4047
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I will never understand why Rick wanted to slow us down every play.

I understand when we had Dirk, we'd wait up for Dirk to get down the court and Rick wanted us to run some halfcourt to prepare for the post-season, but it seemed like Rick told them to slow it down every single play. But we never sped it up after Dirk retired, and it's one thing to practice half-court in practice/during games. It's another thing to completely limit the offense by refusing to run.

When your superstar is a 6'8" PG who rebounds, drives and passes as well as he does, you're ridiculous if you don't let them run when the opportunity presents itself.
And this was just part of it. You could SEE players look uncomfortable in the system, and I believe it was the chasing of the almighty efficiency. I think the team broke the record in offensive efficiency a few seasons ago. But at what cost?

Like, I'm sure Rick was friendly when off the court, but man was he strict once the ball tipped. And that was really apparent with big men, and it became headline number one with KP. You can get away with that with Noel or WCS but not your 158 million dollar star. Still crazy to think that KP is traded had Rick stayed. You just can't waste talent like that over a stubborn coach.

DevinHarriswillstart is online now   Reply With Quote