View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 04:47 PM   #76
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
I just don't know how you can be serious bout contending but don't want to pay luxury tax. Warriors and Clippers pay the most. Its a advantage they have.
I mean, I agree in theory, but it's not just about "want." A lot of teams literally can't afford to. So again, it has the exact opposite of its intended effect. It was supposed to prevent EXACTLY this problem- big market teams just being able to outspend small market teams. The intent was to mitigate the advantage that teams like the Warriors and Clippers have. Instead, it increased their advantages.

And again, just on basic principle, I think owners should be encouraged to spend, not discouraged.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote