View Single Post
Old 07-11-2022, 02:36 PM   #34
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I do think we should temper expectations just a tad. Damian Lillard or Beal stuff is silly, but Nbadraft.net compared him to Buddy Hield. I think that's more on the money.

But like Hield, Hardy is going to be polarizing for Mavs fans. He is a volume scorer. He isn't gonna play much defense at least not at first. And his playmaking is more "me" style. He wants his points.

I will say that he is a SG, and the name fits his game. In this new era of positionless basketball, we've lost the meaning of these positions at times. If fans are going to hate on Hardy for volume shooting, then we might as well rename the position.
Made the trip to Vegas again this year to watch SL games over the weekend.

Hardy has potential no doubt but as you mentioned he's more of a volume shooter type guy right now.

Some of the buckets he was getting was nice but when you watch up close you can see the defense wasn't really nba level defense so I would also agree to scale back expectations.

I think he's about 2 years away from being rotation ready and defensively he really needs work from what I saw.

I must say SL is really cheap to attend games if people ever get to visit one and you do see a lot of current and older NBA players just roaming around. Christian Wood BTW is skinny as a toothpick in person LOL

I Guess that's why they signed McGee so he could handle the big C's.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote