View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 11:55 PM   #25
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I don't disagree but some how some way we have to get more athletic in our starting lineup.
Zaza/Dirk/Parsons/Matthews/DWill has to be the least athletic starting unit in the league. Anderson has brought a spark to that situation but I agree with one of your earlier comments that Cuban won't give Parsons a max deal and then RC make him come off the bench.

Is it possible that Anderson gives Cuban some leverage when negotiating with Parsons' agent if Parsons decides to opt out?

Barea is making the same case for DWill.
Yeah I personally think we need to get more athletic also I just don't think Wes off the bench is going to do that. Whatever athleticism we get we would lose the qualities that we hope wes brings when fully healthy. I think if we had an athletic roll man and rim protector at the 5 it would alleviate a lot of problems. I think we can get away with having JA come off the bench when Dirk sits and play Wes JA and Parsons at the 2-4. He can still get a good 20-25mins coming off the bench and give us some good athleticism IMO. As for JJ I think he's making a real case to actually start and have Dwill come off the bench while we have no Parsons. If we had Parsons I'd prolly say JJ should still come off the bench but with the roster as it is now we need JJ's aggressiveness. Dwill seems to coast till crunch time most nights anyway so having him off the bench might bring his aggressiveness out more IDK. It's not like there are a ton of pg options this free agency to give us pause to consider upgrades. Next year a Dwill Wes CP Dirk Roll5 and then first sub of Dirk out and have Parsons slide over and JA in would help alleviate the rebounding issues of having Parsons at the 4 since JA is such a good rebounder for his position. Plus Parsons at the 4 + roll5 pnr in today's nba seems to be pretty deadly. Sprinkle JA and Wes and dwill on the perimeter and I think it's a nice mix overall and prolly the best we can rly hope for. IDk if JA gives us leverage but it allows us maybe to not be held hostage if we have the opportunity to go in another direction that may fit better, Idk what that direction is but maybe it allows us to keep our options open.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote