View Single Post
Old 12-27-2009, 03:36 AM   #10
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I'm wrong, but after commercial breaks and all, baseball games are the longest of any major sport in the USA, even longer than football games, aren't they?

x160+

I guess the good thing is that you can turn on your TV at any given time and there'll be a game on. If you dislike it very much (I'd say hate, but I reserve that word for Gaelic Football, which I tried to watch for a month and could. not. figure. out. the. rules. for. to save my life) then it's just plain awful.

The mechanics of the game are so slow. I get it, it's mind games of sort, am I gonna throw you a hittable ball, am I trying to get you to swing..... I can't stand it. I even went to 2 World Series games some years ago... and I couldn't have been more bored. It consisted of me falling asleep and being awakened by the crowd during big plays.

That's all I'm gonna say. I know so many love it, for whatever reason, but I cannot wrap my head around why it is appealing. At all. Ever.