View Single Post
Old 08-05-2003, 03:34 PM   #42
Dooby
Diamond Member

Dooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really niceDooby is just really nice
Default Vladimir Stepania

Quote:
Originally posted by: mikeinrowlett
I ask myself when considering Stepania....what if Sacramento or Minnesota or Lakers signed him. I'd think to myself....yeah and...so. I'm not sure Step is "the bulk" we are looking for. I think dooby if I got that right has made my point for me. No one player is going to make a difference. So why sign this one?
Then why ever sign anybody? We still need pieces and Stepania may be one piece of the puzzle. Why did we sign Marquis Daniels? Why bother drafting Josh Howard at no. 29? Other than because they are cheap, I mean.

No single move made by SAC over the last few years, or by Minn this year, really scare me. It is the sum total of their moves that made SAC a top team. Casell alone does nothing for me, but Casell, Sprewell, Jim Jackson and Kandi does worry me more than "yeah and...so".

We had holes last year which could have been filled easily, but we chose to ignore them and regretted it all year even though no single move would have put us over the top. Stepania alone doesn't mean much, but Stepania this year, plus Matt Harpring or Donyell Marshall last year, plus ___ next year might scare the tar out of people.

Quote:
On a lighter note, I notice KGveteran give Kudos to certain posts. Are these due to the fact that they are thought provoking or due to the fact that they agree with you [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Everyone agrees with me because I am always right. If you don't agree with me, I will start typing LOUDER. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell. – Thomas Fuller
Dooby is offline   Reply With Quote