View Single Post
Old 02-07-2009, 11:48 PM   #323
BGMaverick9
Guru

BGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond reputeBGMaverick9 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayliss View Post
I agree BG about "laying off Dirk." But Dirk has also not be a b*tch. Against Utah he was a b*tch. He laid down. Utah wasn't doubling. He let them take him out of his game.

It isn't always how well you play per se, but he has to show the fire and hustle. He had fire tonight. I realize making shots helps with thaat fire.. but use the booing from Utah as your "fire" and motivation. Think you are going to beat them like the red headed child they are....
That's why I said you've gotta take the bad with the good, and the fact he's human. This guy isn't perfect, but he's pretty damn good. He's grown a ton in the past 10 years. He was lost on the court and he got better. He struggled against the Bruce Bowen's of the world and he's adapted, he hasn't mastered it, but he's gotten a lot better. This might be the next step in the maturation of our stud. I'm sure he knows it, it's not going to be a quick fix though.