View Single Post
Old 05-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #7
nikeball
Platinum Member

nikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond reputenikeball has a reputation beyond repute

Well-effing deserved..as evidenced by this year's playoffs.

edit:

http://slamonline.com/online/nba/200...ams-announced/

by Ryne Nelson

All-NBA teams have been selected since the League’s inception over 60 years ago. But instead of Bob Feerick and Bones McKinney making the First Team, it’s LeBron James and Dirk Nowitzki.

There were a few small surprises, but nothing too mind blowing. Dirk notched an unexpected First Team bid over Timmy Duncan. Only four forwards have been First Team All-NBA selections since 2002. With some of the best forwards the game has ever seen passing their prime, a young forward may break the “barrier” as early as next season, joining LeBron on the First Team. Carmelo Anthony Chris Bosh or Al Jefferson could be the ones to do it. If Kevin Durant is considered a forward, I don’t think there’s any question. But I can’t say. Who do you think will be the first forward to dethrone the Duncan-Garnett-Nowitzki troika?

The gap between Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul is surprisingly cavernous, considering the statistical fireworks CP3 displayed this season. Wade’s 103 First-Team votes eclipse Paul’s by over 70. Brandon Roy, in his third season, is the youngest in terms of seasons in the League. Roy jumps ahead of Tony Parker despite not having a single first team vote.

The center position is just depressing. Yao Ming could miss half the season next year and easily make the Second Team. That’s how wide the gap is between Howard and Yao and the rest of the League. Brook Lopez and Greg Oden are silly raw. Andrew Bynum could be a third-teamer without injuries and a consistent starting role. Tyson Chandler has regressed so much. Andris Biedrins has fewer go-to offensive moves than Dwight Howard. So here’s my pick for 2010 All-NBA Third Team center: Andrew Bogut. Here’s hoping the Aussie can get healthy!

That’s assuming this is Shaq’s last year on the All-NBA list. The Big Cactus made his first First Team in 1998, fell to the Second Team in ‘99 and realed off an impressive seven more years of First Team selections before his abrupt fall in ‘07-08. The Big All-NBA is back on the list in 2009, but he could be back again during his last go-around in 2010.

Last edited by nikeball; 05-13-2009 at 01:10 PM.
nikeball is offline   Reply With Quote