View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 10:21 PM   #137
Smiles
Diamond Member

Smiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud ofSmiles has much to be proud of

I'm falling into the barefooters camp these days. I didn't know it was a new fad when I first heard about barefoot running being practiced by even "elderly" natives in Mexico (Natgeo & then NPR). It just felt like devine guidance. lol. Then I heard others were trying it. I have New Balance minimus shoes, but I think they were a waste (should've gotten the uber comfy five fingers) because they slightly constrict across the front of my foot. However, they do/did let my feet, legs, knees adapt to being flat on the ground, which is good for starters. I dont run right now though.

When I was running a few years ago, the longer stride with heel strike did lead to a minor injury. There are so many nuances for every runner, but the way I did it was too much impact to one of the smaller muscles that terminates in the hip (can't recall name). My outter 3 toes would feel like they had pins & needles after a few miles, so maybe I was just made for barefoot or the wider spread of the vibrams.