View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 12:07 PM   #78
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute

Obviously, Pandora's box has already been opened. I don't see how making guns "illegal" could possibly be a good idea at this point. There are quite simply too many out there.. and they can too easily be brought across the border. It's just not realistic.

As for the tragedy.. It's horrific. Obviously, there are good cops and there are bad cops. I have never run across a cop that was in any way anything other than professional. But as in any profession, there are bad seeds. Especially when you consider the stress that they go through. Can you imagine what it's like going to work with at least a somewhat realistic chance that someone is going to try and end your life at some point during your shift? Imagine being a cop in places that are riddled with violence.. You have so many split second decisions to make. I get really, really tired of people talking about a policemen shooting an "unarmed" teen. I wasn't the kind of guy that was going to strike fear in anyone's eyes as a teen. However, I knew a lot of people that could have easily killed another man with their hands at that age. Not having a knife or a gun does not mean that you're not more than capable of severely injuring or even ending someone's life.

Obviously, we have a media that is all about the controversy for ratings. Rush to judgment to get more viewership. Say whatever has to be said to make sure that your constituents are riled up.... Turn it everything into a political rant even when it has no business being political... Or turn it into a racial issue because that will help your politics as well. It's all about politics and ratings.. keep people angry so they'll keep viewing.. Keep people angry so they'll get out and vote... regardless of what the truth is for the particular case.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote