Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 02-08-2018, 02:20 PM   #517
Magnum_3_Ball
Banned

Magnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura aboutMagnum_3_Ball has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog View Post
I'd rather have one mid-first and Capela or Gordon than two mid-firsts -- both of those guys are already what you'd HOPE a mid-first could max out at. And it's not like we'd be trading for these guys, they're restricted free agents, so we'd keep our pick.. Which means you can sign them to a 4-year contract, locking them up long enough to grow alongside DSJ and whoever we draft this summer. At their age (Gordon 22, Capela 23), it's not much different than getting a draft pick, except they've already proven not to be busts. I'd say that's a MUCH better use of our cap space than absorbing useless overpaid players who are just going to waste a roster spot, keeping the "next Motley" from being called up from the Legends.
I agree with your points. Especially with a proven NBA player being more valuable than an individual draft pick in a comparable draft position.

We disagree on where the Mavs are headed next year, though. I full expect the Mavs to be a bottom 10 team in the league next year too, no matter whether they sign a big FA or not.
Magnum_3_Ball is offline   Reply With Quote