Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2020, 02:05 PM   #169
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
Well there is no way covid doesn't affect the cap, and that means you're gonna have to get smart with contracts. That means taking the draft serious regardless of whether we're a playoff team or not. If 18 gets us a third star in a trader, then great, all the power to doing it. Otherwise, the talent available at that pick is definitely worth a shot. Bey, Terry, Lewis Jr are all going to be rotation players at the very least IMO. I just feel like you can easily get a Josh Richardson versus having to give up big value to get him.
I think the league might actually take some risks in an effort to prevent the pandemic from affecting the cap. While it would seem logical to lower it, I've heard that they're very focused on preventing a future cap spike like the one that enabled Durant to sign with GS. It will be interesting how they handle this.

Just an aside, and not meant to argue your overall point. Obviously, being smart with talent acquisition is important, and that includes finding contributors on rookie contracts, even in normal cap situations.
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote