View Single Post
Old 12-17-2020, 01:46 PM   #43
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think the right approach is just to find some really good character guys and keep them long term and try to make them competitive while building a really strong locker room of happy players. Try to build some solid pieces and then hope you can get a superstar to plug into that system-- kinda like the team we had with Finley and some other role players, prior to getting Nash and Dirk.

Maybe Barrett can be their Finley, but I think in their effort to clear space for a hail mary, they gave a bunch of short-term contracts so they could keep trying the dust move. That's really damaging to building a consistent roster with good chemistry and leadership. Even if they do get a star, they're likely to come in unhappy.
Yeah but we still drafted Dirk, and that makes all the difference in the world.

Knicks fans won't stand for a bunch of mediocre, long-term roster building. They are just as impatient as Dolan. I mean, they went ape sh** over losing KP, their lone star.

So they had a star they drafted and blew it with him.

It's a culture problem more than anything, and I don't think even drafting a star fixes it, but I guess that's their only path right now.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote