Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 11:38 AM   #1526
purplefrog
Platinum Member

purplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond reputepurplefrog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aplus23 View Post
Doesn't matter who starts, it's about who finishes. Wood is gonna play starter minutes and probably finish games as well which is most important. Mcgee gives some size to the starting line-up, I also like the contrast between the 2. Defenses are gonna have to adjust mid game to different playstyles between the 2
An issue that I see with Wood coming off the bench is the fact he is in a contract year. If you put him in a role that he feels doesn't match his own personal image of himself, then he is one and done in Dallas.

I imagine that the starting five is not set in stone (kind of crazy to think otherwise). They may begin the season with Wood as the sixth man, but I would hope Kidd realizes that there is a long-term goal here (re-signing Wood) that likely involves some trial and error with the best group starting and ending games. On the other hand, maybe Wood wins sixth man of the year and he embraces the role.