Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 01:31 PM   #1528
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Honestly doubt we fill that last spot.

Maybe we look in the bargain bin at the TDL by trading Powell's expiring, but I think the thought is that

1) Dinwiddie can step up with a whole season and camp - I think this is plausible
2) THJ's return and Wood can make up for the 16ppg we got from Brunson - I think this is likely. Wood averaged 18ppg. THJ averaged 14ppg so even just the addition of Wood (if he matches last year's stats) would make up for the loss
3) SD and THJ can handle some off-guard ball-handling - I find this doubtful. THJ does not have handles and SD had questionable decision making
4) Dorsey and/or Hardy can fill in as third/fourth PG - Unlikely. Dorsey has NBA experience and averaged 17-6-3 per 36 but we're not sure if he'll even make the roster.

I don't think scoring is anywhere near the problem. Luka can make anyone a scorer (even Powell) and we have a lot of good volume guys (Wood, SD, THJ) and we have a lot of guys that can score if they get it in the right place (DFS, Bullock, Powell, McGee, Bertans)

The real problem is ball-handling. There were a LOT of times where Luka's jumper broke and teams made him iso and teams just played off of him so much that our offense collapsed. THAT is why we needed Brunson. It's not the points. Its the movement when Luka is struggling or on the bench. That, I feel like is still a huge hole on this roster. Frank is an off-guard at best. SD too. THJ is a catch-and-shoot guy who can occasionally drive (but only for himself as he sucks passing it on the move).

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 09-21-2022 at 01:52 PM.
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote