Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 05:10 AM   #1555
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I agree his take is pessimistic, but you also can't mention Cleveland and Dallas in the same sentence like they are the same city in the same situation. DFW is the fourth largest metro area in the country now with a high profile owner. At some point you can't keep making excuses as to why players don't want to play here.
I totally disagree. When it comes to NBA free agency, I don't think there is much of a difference between Dallas and Cleveland. Again, I think history shows us that there are only three cities free agents find attractive, and Dallas isn't one of them. And I'm almost positive players don't give a flying f*ck about a high profile owner. You can say I'm making excuses about players not wanting to play here- but they don't seem to want to play in Chicago, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Houston, DC, or Toronto either. All of them are very large metro areas and have a free agent history as abysmal as the Mavs' or worse.

Quote:
It still comes down to a simple fact though. An injury to Luka or Dinwiddie could put us into the lottery real quick. We need an insurance guard. Period.
Well I think most teams would be in the lottery if they lost their 1st team all-NBA superstar to injury. But yes, we definitely need another guard, no argument here.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote