View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 09:54 AM   #21
Bryan_Wilson
Diamond Member

Bryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond reputeBryan_Wilson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me.B View Post
Just because he is a free agent doesn’t not mean he wants to leave the Warriors. He’s been on a losing team every year he’s been in the league, unless you call that NO team last year a winning team. After his injury Golden State was the only team really showed him love. He’s getting crazy love from the fans too. Did you see the standing ovation he got last night? Plus they are a legit Championship contender. He’s not leaving Golden State. The Mavs would be equating their time going after Boogie. You seriously think he would walk away from a chance a title to join a rebuilding team? Not likely.
The warriors can only offer Cousins 120% of his current salary which is just over 5m. Around 6.4m is all they can offer him as long as they are over the cap. Even if they gutted the roster down and lost KD and found a way to lose Iggy and take no salary back they still would only be able to offer Cousins up to around 12-15m with holds I believe just eyeballing it. Maybe he is ok with that but I highly doubt it. And again they would have to gut the team and lose Livingston and everyone else who remotely has a salary above a minimum hold. This is a one year ring and leave thing for Cousins.
Bryan_Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote