View Single Post
Old 12-02-2003, 12:37 PM   #79
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Fortson suspended 3 games

I don't think fans would appreciate the legalization of flagrants. I know I wouldn't. But my reason for opposition would be that it would uglify the game and just turn it into rugby with a twist. As for the players, well, who knows. That's not how today's players were taught, but eventually it would change the game and I would expect the players to take full advantage of the rules just as they do in every professional sport.

Perhaps we just differ primarily with regard to what we consider hypocritical. To me, Cuban's stance on charges would be hypocritical if he were taking advantage of the rules as they are currently written and at the same time chastising other teams for doing the same. But that's a very different thing from what he's doing. He's been critical of the leauge being slow and reluctant to address issues that he feels need to be addressed, but he's not calling out teams for making a legal play that I'm aware of.