View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 07:31 PM   #101
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejc View Post
Hello to everyone! I'm new to this forum...

What I think Mavs miss the most is some good leading by the coach... Luka is playing basically same minutes every game, as if it was some kind of recipe for success... Well it's not, it can't be... And to me it seems like the creation of the game is solely in Luka's hands, as if everyone is just waiting for the ball or for him to score some points. When he's on the bench, there's no game, just solo actions, without some real perspective.
I felt last night once they got the momentum RC should have went back to Luka quicker instead of riding the same exact rotation pattern.

In fact they even mentioned it doing the post game afterwards.

Sometimes and not saying all the time they should go outside of their normal pattern the minute things start to go south and get him back in the game. I'm not saying he needs to be young LeBron and play iron man minutes but sometimes when the game is in the balance and you know you can't sustain a lead in the 4th qtr too long without him give him a quick breather and back out there again.

That 5-6 stretch to start the 4th qtr with no PG on the floor was brutal

I don't consider Burke or Brunson natural PG's they are better players off the ball IMO.

To make matters worse it seems like KP won't get any post touches unless he's on the floor with Luka because none of other guards really look to get him involved or run any plays for him.

It's just jack up shot's and everyone looks to get their own.

That is one thing I fault RC for because the offense should be more structured when Luka sits and RC should demand more set plays for KP instead of letting THJ, Brunson or Burke take turns shooting.

Last edited by Dallas41; 01-26-2021 at 07:34 PM.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote