Thread: David Lee
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2016, 01:18 PM   #28
spreedom
Diamond Member

spreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond reputespreedom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
I think he's not nearly the same guy you are thinking of-- he wasn't great last year for the Warriors. Celts tried to get him back to that level as a starter, but he was pretty disappointing. They bumped him to the bench and eventually he started getting DNPs. He's not nearly the same guy.
Let me say as a preface that any idea of of trading for David Lee is in the context of him most likely being a rental that we hope can give the team 15-18 minutes of play.

I think he (and the quality of his play) was a victim of circumstance last year at Golden State. He wasn't a fit in their system as they don't deploy a traditional PF and he obviously isn't suited to play any minutes at center, even in small ball lineups. And he just isn't a fit in Boston considering the rest of their roster... they traded for him strictly for financial reasons. He doesn't work next to any of their other bigs, at all.

If you look at the quality of his play, obviously he has lost a step since his couple of great seasons late in his Knicks tenure and over the first couple of seasons with the Warriors... however, per-36 he's not that far off from where he was back then. I'm not saying he would be a starter on many teams if he got the minutes, but this roster is utterly devoid of a quality backup power forward. I was a big Powell supporter but after his hot start to the season, he's looked lost more often than he's looked even competent.
spreedom is offline   Reply With Quote