View Single Post
Old 05-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #24
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
First, I'd like to see where Cuban called anybody an idiot. Not saying I can't believe it, knowing Cuban, but dude here is incredibly vague with references to the "general message." I'd just like to see it in context. Link?

Second, I'll never quite understand complaints coming from the "I'm a season ticket holder" perspective. That's basically a "I bought a product and was unsatisfied" argument, but this isn't anything like a typical consumer goods or services situation. Sports are a gamble. They involve a great deal of luck and fortune. Even with absolutely perfect decision making (and I'm not saying the Mavs' has been perfect), things can go awry. If you're not comfortable with that, seems like you should buy something else. Pizza?
It's in the first post and I believe that it may have come from a dallasnews report.

When you are a season ticket holder you sort of have to have a leap of faith in the team. It's obviously possible I am over sensitive to it because, well I just am.

But you always have to reup before the season is over, so it's a good faith move from both parties, but mostly the ticket buyer because they front the dough.

Last year was the worst, you paid your money not knowing if there would even be games or not. Then you find out that there will be games but they will suck and the team youve just been so elated with will be gutted.

You can call me butthurt or whatever, but if were watching on the tube I honestly would not care nearly so much, nor feel well..ripped off. I was sold a Lexus but got a Yugoslav this year. . Buyers remorse i guess.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote