View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 04:07 PM   #4
KillerLeft

KillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant futureKillerLeft has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I’m for acquiring talent this summer. If Giannis wants to come here, it’s been proven time and again that cap space can be carved out. GSW alone have done it like three times in the last 5 years or so! Stole Iggy from us that way.

I think the goal with the MLE should be a quality rotation player on a not onerous contract. Personally I like Saric: his 3 pint percentage would improve here and he could be a playmaker with our second unit and would thrive in RCs offense. Problem is, Phoenix may just match if we offer MLE as he’s restricted. And he’s not a great defensive player.

Other option with MLE is giving part of it to guys like Derrick Jones Jr. or our own Trey Burke.

I’m ok with us using the picks in trade if it brings back a difference maker or younger player who will be part of the long term core. Ideally though, we come away from this draft with two young players: maybe one, or both, is ready to contribute right away. That seems to be a trend around the league. Maybe one or both become assets for a big trade down the line. It’s a draft with nice depth.

Worst case scenario seems to be standing pat AND missing out on Giannis. I’m not at all in favour of using MLE if MBT doesn’t like what’s available. I don’t think handing an old guy like Millsap or Baynes, as much as I like both, a 3yr deal just because we need “enforcers” is a good use of resources. I think there is bound to be some player who fits our roster available for part or all of MLE.
Interesting, thanks.

So, just so I'm clear, are you against ANY players past a certain age, and only interesting in young players, no matter what?

Like, is Jru Holiday too old, for example? Not saying he's available (though he could be) but that's a player who I do think would move the needle for this team. Would you be upset with that based on the timeline of the team, or are you all in for putting the best possible team on the floor for the next two seasons?
KillerLeft is offline   Reply With Quote