View Single Post
Old 09-21-2020, 03:18 PM   #32
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tap2390 View Post
IMO you are way overestimating his value around the league. He's starting his 4/100 deal next season, known somewhat as a malcontent, and doesn't bring great defense. A team desperate for shooting may decide to pull the trigger, but he won't be their top option. Even with contracts being equal I'd take Tim Hardaway Jr. for chemistry and team mentality reasons. Add in the contract and the Kings will have to pay to get rid of him or take on a large 3-4 year deal (I could see a move for Al Horford or Tobias Harris, etc.).
I get where you’re coming from and you may even be right. I think there is bound to be one team that will overpay for a shooter of his caliber, he also has draft pedigree and can create a little for himself. I agree about THJ. Relative to Hield we could either let him expire or re-sign him for let’s say 13m per year and he’s a better value. 25m is a lot for Hield who I think shoukdve topped out as a 15m, Joe Harris or Davis Bertans level player most likely. No one in the league would pay either of those dudes 4/100m because they are only elite at one thing and are average defenders at best and below average playmakers. Shoot, we can just draft the best shooter available at #18 like Tyrell Terry and there’s a decent chance they give you 70% of what Hield does at a fraction of the cost.

Last edited by mac222b; 09-21-2020 at 03:20 PM.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote