Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2017, 10:26 PM   #414
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
It's kind of a catch-22....Rick has developed a system that has proven to be successful but I think it impedes the natural abilities of certain players.
When the vets were out Rick had no choice but to unleash the young guys in desperation and they were pretty successful. Once the vets came back Rick had more control of the situation and he demanded more discipline for his system.
It could just be an adjustment for these young guys but I do agree it will be a test for Rick and our draft pick next season. I don't see Rick changing much though so one thing we should consider is which players in the draft would be a fit for his system or it could become a wasted pick.

Just my take on the situation.....I could be completely off the rail on this one but just the way I see it.
No I think you hit the nail on the head. I just think people are too sensitive or unwilling to criticize Rick, but honestly he hasn't had a very good year coaching. I think his greatest achievement is developing Barnes but trying to run vets into the ground just doesn't work anymore. Not when those vets don't have the talent/health to keep up with the current NBA. That's basically what killed the team early on.

And it's not THAT there are vets on the roster...it's the over reliance on them that needs to change. I think next season will be the true start to the rebuild...or so I hope.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote