Thread: 2017 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2017, 01:43 PM   #437
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayth.james.g View Post
While I really like Markkanen, I have to question the fit. Barnes thrives at the 4, and Markkanen is a 4 in the NBA. Pushing Barnes to the 3 long term doesn't make sense.

I really like the idea of a "longer" 1 along side Curry at the 2. Ntilikina makes sense in that regard. Just hard get psyched for him in the same draft class as Fultz, Smith Jr., and Ball. I take him hands down over Fox though.
Barnes does thrive at the 4, but I worry about long term effect of guarding 4s. Thats a hard task every game. I want Barnes to be able to get the bulk of his minutes at the 3. But I agree about Ntilikina especially if Curry is the long term PG solution.