View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 09:22 AM   #16
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firnen View Post
Could he get extra money? I have read some articles about the Lakers/Howard scenario and to me it seemed like the new CBA prohibits that.
Correct me if I got this wrong, but I thought:

1. no sign and trade for bird years/raises
2. if you want to resign/extend a player with bird years/raises he has to qualify for bird rights and has to be with your team for at least 6 months

would be nice to hear from you - maybe I got it wrong because my english is not as good as I thought
When a player is traded his Bird rights move with him. So if he opts out of his contract, whatever team traded for him will have his Bird rights and can sign him to the extra season with bigger raises.

The six moth waiting period is for an extension. If he opts out of his contract and becomes a free agent there is no waiting period to use his Bird rights.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote