View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 02:04 PM   #90
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-ofan View Post
It's funny that you used efg% instead of true shooting % since efg isn't really an advanced stat(I honestly don't know who had a better true shooting %. The thing is jjb played nearly every minute he played that year with dirk nowitzki AND He only played 20 minutes a game. You just can't pro rate that out and pretend like he would have maintained that level of play. The same way that I can't say that Brandon wright would be a 17 point a game scorer if he avged 35 mins a night
Did I claim that eFG% was an advanced stat? I was more looking at hands rating, rebound rating, PER/net PER as advanced stats and the rest as simple ones.

And TS?
Collison 52.8%
JJB 53.5%

Doesn't really change anything in my view. It shows a slight edge for JJB in yet another statistical category. Am I claiming that JJB is superior? No way. but I think giving that list of simple and advanced stats that actually makes JJB look like the better player at least refutes your point that

Quote:
collison is already significantly better than any version of jjb right?
Significantly better? Silly to compare? I think I refuted those points as well as could be expected. My biggest concerns were ability to make good decisions (pass rating/hands rating) and defense (net PER) and both of those are measured on an individual basis and show significant advantages for JJB. At least in that one-year sample JJB made better decisions and wasn't abused as bad by opposing PGs as Collison is so far this year.

Last edited by EricaLubarsky; 11-27-2012 at 02:13 PM.
EricaLubarsky is online now   Reply With Quote