View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:04 PM   #93
EricaLubarsky
Inactive.

EricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond reputeEricaLubarsky has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragism View Post
Like I said, you're comparing the stats of a player who played off the bench for a champion team with one of the greatest power forwards of all time to a guy that has played 14 games with a fringe playoff team.

I never said that stats don't matter, but this isn't exactly fair.
You said it was quote, "absurd" to compare the two of them as a response to the stats that I provided. I think that pretty much implies that you think that the stats don't matter or that somehow the fact that JJB played some of his minutes WITH Dirk or that that team was better somehow nullifies ALL the stats. It doesn't, but it puts even more stress on the fact that stats should be taken with a grain of salt and an understanding of the circumstances. There has yet to be a good measure of how players impact the game for others, so we can't just "correct for Dirk", but we can say that JJB's numbers would probably have been slightly worse without Dirk.

Still, the point isn't that Collison is worse than JJB, but that I have legitimate concerns about elements of JJB's game and that they both share those deficiencies in almost equal parts. Defense and passing were issues with both and the fact that their stats are about equal on the those two particular categories, I believe gives me the right to compare the two
EricaLubarsky is offline   Reply With Quote