View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 10:18 AM   #204
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX View Post
This is a really good read. It also makes me start to hate the NBA..it's almost like..what's the point of trying..

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-arms-race.php
Good stuff and I agree completely. The lack of parity is really going to damage the NBA in the future I expect. Why in the world would anyone pay 250+ per ticket to watch a team make the playoffs with no chance at winning it. It's insane...

It appears that the league with the fewest amount of players is the league with the least amount of parity. The only corresponding scenario is baseball where you can field the best pitching staff and probably get it done. But even then you have to have hitters and fielders.

It's why there is no comparison imo between basketball and football as to which I will be more long-term invested in. I had checked out in the Michael Jordan era, I expect I'll check out in o' about 4 years.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote