View Single Post
Old 07-25-2010, 04:49 PM   #213
dalger
Golden Member

dalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant futuredalger has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394 View Post
If I'm the knicks I do exactly what Riley did. Begin negotiating with paul/camelo through stoudemire. Carmelo would have to sign an agreement that frees him in two years. Between now and then NY begins to cut salary and free up cap room.

The new collective barganing agreement is an unknown. As is a risk by carmelo/paul of career-ending injury but that's what it takes to become a free-agent.

Does anyone know if Amare signed a cap-friendly agreement (like the ones in miami) that allows the two other guys to sign?

With respect to the mavs, I roll the dice, there are only so many more cards(i.e. years) left in the deck.
If both Paul and Carmelo were willing to leave a lot of money on the table, then New York would probably be in a position to sign both of them as free agents in 2012. That said, contrary to the situation in Miami where Bosh, Wade and Lebron signed similar deals starting in the $15 million range, Stoudemire would most likely have a much higher annual salary than Carmelo and CP3 because of the new CBA.

As far as our ambitions in regards to Paul are concerned, I don't think we should let it affect our immediate plans. We would at least have two seasons with him to try and win a championship, and I don't believe that any plans for 2012 are already set in stone.
dalger is offline   Reply With Quote