View Single Post
Old 11-11-2010, 05:47 PM   #12
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male29Dan View Post
I read that article too Chum. Thanks though.

I fully understand it can be done, but practically every year you have a team that would love to trade out and stock pile picks that can't find any takers. I watch the draft every single year and if you do as well you hear them talk about the team in that spot wanting to move down.

Sometimes you have a draft where a guy is perceived as an absolute can't miss talent (franchise QB for example) and the team doesn't want to trade down, but almost always the teams try and fail. Why? Typically the teams picking in those top 5 spots have NUMEROUS holes to fill. So to list 3 times that it happened (one being forced by a QB) out of 10+ years is to say that it can happen but is difficult. By the way, that is exactly what I said to begin with.
I'm just guessing, but my guess is that most every year the teams in the top five or so could trade down if they wanted to. When they don't, it's probably because they like the value of staying where they are better than they like their trade offers. (Of course, there could be many reasons for that.) But I bet it almost never a case of can't-find-a-taker. Those high draft picks are extraordinarily coveted. You being a draftnik, I'm sure you are familiar with the value chart, and how skewed it is toward the premium picks.

But hey, you were the one who listed trading out as a poll option. I really don't get why you are arguing so hard against it, but whatever.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote