View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 10:55 PM   #32
fluid.forty.one

fluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond reputefluid.forty.one has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silk Smoov View Post
A hot young great coach like that would never be w/o a job in the NBA. There had to be something to where GM's would not pick him up right after the Pacer gig. Keep in mind that he left a Larry Bird Pacer team. Carlisle and Bird were very good friends from playing together and coaching together under Bird. There had to be a reason other than re-building.

When Carlisle left the Pistons, the players wanted to get rid of him as well for some reason or another, and won the NBA title after the next year. Then his buddy Bird let him go as well. To top it off, no other GM took a chance on him for an entire year. Is there something there? Dont know, but it looks a little fishy to me. IMO

Now, Avery is another story. Young, hot coach with one of the best regular season records ever, but is now without a job for an entire season. Is there a reason for it? Could be, dont know, but it is fishy. We all know why he is NOT here, but why is he not anywhere else?
bologna

players want to get rid of coaches all the time.. coaches get fired all the time. It doesn't mean they are bad coaches. And him being friends with Bird has nothing to do with it. Nellie was the GMs son when he got fired for christsake. And how do you know the year off was because he wanted the time off to do ESPN? or because he wasn't interested in any of the teams with open positions?

I'll judge Rick on what he did with his past teams and what he's doing with this team. All that gossip and guessing doesn't do anything for me.
fluid.forty.one is offline   Reply With Quote