View Single Post
Old 05-25-2013, 06:10 PM   #43
ribosoma
Golden Member

ribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond reputeribosoma has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ghost of Championship View Post
So what was your point with the following then, ribosoma?

"Since the Fed's inception, the value of the U.S. dollar has dropped by 97%."
I was simply stating a fact. The Neoclassical economic model employed by the apologists for the Fed is horribly flawed. It ignores factors like fraud and assumes that the magical, wondrous marketplace will somehow police itself. Besides ignoring fraud, the Neoclassical model also ignores MONEY, DEBT, BANKS, and ENERGY. All crucial factors for evaluating the economy with any level of lucidity.

If you watch some of Keen's lectures, he exposes how Keynsian economics was gutted and replaced with an system that allows for manipulation. Although he doesn't go so far as to say that this model was designed specifically for this purpose in said lectures, he does just that in a few radio and podcast interviews I have listened to. Which seems to be a logical conclusion, in my opinion.

Your approach to dialogue seems to be rooted in setting up false dichotomies. If I question the Fed, I must therefore be a TeaParty member who wants to return to a gold standard. It's laughable, really. Most of the people posting in this political section do the same thing (which points to the overall effectiveness of the systems of conditioning we are marinating in these days), so you're far from unique in your approach. Most of the arguments here are from points of ignorance. I doubt highly that anyone here has the skins on the wall to vigorously defend or attack any ideas relating to politics, especially when the arguments that they present are usually from clearly biased sources designed to perpetuate the false left/right, divide-and-rule paradigm we see everywhere in the mainstream, corporate media nowadays.

If gaining wisdom were the true pursuit of discourse here,we wouldn't see every discussion devolve into a bevy of logical fallacies like they do. Once people latch onto an ideology, it takes some level of integrity to see the flaws it may have and admit that it no longer serves us to prop it up and identify with it.
ribosoma is offline   Reply With Quote