View Single Post
Old 11-28-2003, 10:35 AM   #14
kingrex
Platinum Member

kingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the roughkingrex is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Cavalier's Shopping Davis?

Quote:
Originally posted by: FilthyFinMavs
Quote:
Originally posted by: Evilmav2
Yeah, but if we can bring in another talented 2-3 for next to nothing- particularly when Finley's age is going to become more and more of an issue over the next couple of years- why not?

I wouldn't advocate giving up a whole lot to get him, but if we could send off one or two lesser talents to pick the guy up, I just don't see the downside. Sure, he needs to improve his jumpshot, but then again most young 2-3's in the league are in that same boat. A lot of folks have been down on Corey Maggette for the last couple of years, but all of a sudden he can hit a jumper, and he is not a threat to score 20-30 on any given night. I think Ricky has similar potential, and he would have a real chance to shine playing in our style of offense.

As I said, I wouldn't want to give up much to get him, but if we could send a lesser package of talent to aquire him (any combination of Delk, Najera, draft picks, money, etc...), I think he could be a really talented steal for us.

Talents there. No doubt. I'm not worried about the talent I just don't believe he fits on this Mavs team. You have young guys like Howard and Daniels who you could be giving pt at the 2 position. Ricky Davis' mindset is still immature. I still have in my head last season when he intentionally missed a layup to have a triple double. Did you see that when Nash was a board away from getting a triple double? He brings that high flying ability to our team but thats it. I don't think thats our main weakness.
Nellie is committed to spreading the floor out on the 3 pt arc to open up driving lanes for scoring in the paint or kicking out to a shooter. Maybe Davis would be a more effective guy driving the ball to the basket? That would give us another option other than Nash (who excels in that) or Antoine (who is improving in that).
kingrex is offline   Reply With Quote