View Single Post
Old 08-07-2004, 12:49 AM   #23
JLEEHASMUCHGAME

JLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enoughJLEEHASMUCHGAME will become famous soon enough
Default RE:Payton to Boston

I watched Boston play Portland in the past year, and by the end of the game, all I could say was that if the Celtics would have given Banks more time on the court they probably would have won the game. It was obvious, Banks was the only guy on the Celtics that could D up on Damon Stoudmire. Also, it seemed like the Celtics offense was FAR less stagnant when Banks was in the game. Sure the kid did not really do that much shooting, but I definitely came away from that game thinking that Banks definitely has the potential to be a either a good starting pg or a great back up pg. That being said, to me this deal is starting to make sense from the celtics perspective. They have a LOT of youth on their current roster, and Mihm and Banks are the price they paid for their need to get more veteran leadership. Payton seems like a pretty good fit. Can't help but think Boston is loading up on these draft picks and projects to make future trades like the mavericks the year they drafted Alexander, Thomas, and Harvey.
Great, great deal from LA's persepective. I've heard it said before that big men take longer to develop. Here's to hoping that Mihm doesn't turn the corner and become a maverick nightmare in the future. A youth movement in LA. Interesting. Does this make them more like the clippers and less like a contender?
JLEEHASMUCHGAME is offline   Reply With Quote