View Single Post
Old 11-05-2012, 11:40 PM   #18
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Good start to the game, and an even better close. The rebounding disparity was troubling, but I thought a lot of it was really an offshoot of some struggles defending against penetration off screens. Hopefully that can get straightened out as the season progresses.

Mayo's best game in blue, and it wasn't just the three point shooting. His overall aggressiveness was at a level I hadn't yet seen from him in Dallas.

DC's still the motor making the team go, though. I thought he kind of lost his groove when he came back in for DoJo in the 4th, but overall he was great again, on offense of course, but I also thought he had a pretty strong game defensively.

Speaking of DoJo, good for him putting the rough first half behind him and really making a difference in the 2nd.

Strong 2nd half from Crowder, too. His IQ continues to impress the hell out of me, particularly on the defensive end. Just terrific positioning and recovery instincts.

Vince and Marion had good 1st halves before injuries and passive chucking derailed their evenings. Luckily we didn't need them.

Kaman and Wright are just machines when it comes to putting the ball in the basket right now. Elton continues to struggle, though, and tonight I thought I saw it affecting his decision making a couple times. Hopefully he can get that righted sooner than later. I still think he's going to be a strength for the team, and in particular a good front-court partner for Dirk.