View Single Post
Old 09-25-2003, 08:21 AM   #23
OutletPass
Diamond Member

OutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really niceOutletPass is just really nice
Default Clarett sues the nfl for the right to nfl draft.

Ok, QcarFan...I'm going to call you on this since you're so big on FACTS. Frankly, you wouldn't know a fact if it hit you in the face.

Quote:
The NCAA is using him, and basically railroading him at the same time.
Here's the definition of "railroaded": 1 a : to convict with undue haste and by means of false charges or insufficient evidence

Fact 1. - The NCAA hasn't suspended or disciplined him in any manner. So exactly how has the NCAA "railroaded" him ? Your statement about the NCAA is clearly false and misleading and is a flat lie. They haven't even taken any action in his case...if you think that they have "Show me the proof".

Fact 2. - OSU suspended him for two violations of Bylaw 12 which were for accepting checks totaling $500, and having cell phone use reportedly in excess of $1,000. Clarett admitted to these violations. So exactly how was he "railroaded" ? He admitted to them...that's not false charges or insufficient evidence...and again it has nothing to do with the NCAA. If you think that these charges are false, or that his admission isn't legally sufficient, or that it was done by the NCAA "show me the proof"

Fact 3. - Clarett's 14 violations of bylaw 10 are for giving false or misleading statements. Again, it was OSU and not the NCAA. And again, he admitted to the false or misleading statements. So how is he being "railroaded." If you think that these charges are false, or that his admission isn't legally sufficient, or that it was done by the NCAA "show me the proof"

Fact 4. - Clarett was charged with a misdemeanor for falsifying an April police report connected to a car break-in. Clarett allegedly claimed merchandise worth $10,000 and $800 in cash was stolen. If convicted on the falsification charge, Clarett could face up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine.Clarett acknowledged earlier this summer that he filed an exaggerated theft report after his car was broken into in April. How'd the NCAA (or the police, for that matter) "railroad" him. Are the charges false or is their "insufficient evidence" If you think that these charges are false, or that his admission isn't legally sufficient, or that it was done by the NCAA "show me the proof"

Fact 5. - Unrelated to the suspension, Clarett also is being investigated by an Ohio State panel looking into allegations of academic improprieties involving athletes. How is he being "railroaded" by the NCAA there ? Since nothing has yet to be done in that case...and it's OSU, not the NCAA, where's your beef ?

Giving you the benefit of the doubt, maybe you meant to say that OSU was "railroading" him. Or that the police were railroading him. Or that he was railroaded into three stints in the juvenile detention center; with one being for breaking and entering. But you didn't say that....so how is the NCAA "railroading" him there.

The FACTS are right there to see...so would you please provide me with YOUR facts before posting nonsense like this again. If you're going to post something other than "Quincy Carter !"...please do some research and be factual. Cut out the lies.

There's an entire legal discussion of his case against the NFL going on in this thread...and you're here posting that the NCAA is "railroading" him while knowing full well that the NCAA hasn't even acted. What's that about ?

Show me one instance where the NCAA has supended, fined or disciplined OR please quit mucking up an otherwise intelligent discussion with your non-factual, apologist nonsense. Just one instance.