View Single Post
Old 10-04-2004, 10:25 PM   #8
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE: Lost Opportunity!!!

1) Have you been watching our games??? Did you watch Minnesota score at will??? Did you watch Brunell almost single handedly take the game over in the second half??? Thank God for the game that Garcia decided to sleep through, or we would likely be 1-2... Our Defense is mediocre ONLY BECAUSE OF THE CB POSITION... Our team, (and the opposition by the way), knows we can't cover the receivers, so instead of rushing our LBs/SSs, we are forced to leave everyone back in coverage and pray that our front 4 can get penetration, (which I think all of us knows will not happen consistently)... We arent the Eagles or the Bucs... We can't rely on a pass rush from our main four guys... They are great tacklers, but just dont have the agility/speed to get by their guys... It just WONT happen... With our team we NEED to be able to rush in LBs and SSs... It is just MANDATORY... The problem is you can NOT do that if your CBs leave a guy WIDE open... And let me repeat a key word... WIDE... Wide open... The guys are so open that you watch our CBs SPRINT to all hell to just get close enough to intefere... They SUCK... You are a complete homer if you think ANY different... Newman is talented, and hopefully has a great future ahead of him; HOWEVER, he has failed to show me anything significant enough to view him as anything more than a VERY good #2 CB or a Descent #1... Regarding McKenzie intimidating guys, I dont mean like a Bailey does, I just mean much, MUCH more so than someone like Hunter/Jacques could... These guys are just BEGGING QBs to beat them with their HUGE lack of talent AND confidence... What a joke...

2) Yeah... OK... You dont have to look back to play good defense... Maybe you can just get lucky 30% of the time and hope the QB misses the rest of the throws... Give me a break... AGAIN, our CBs are SO FAR OUT OF POSITION THAT THEY ARE FORCED NOT TO LOOK BACK BECAUSE IF THEY DO THEY WOULD NEVER CATCH THE WR TO TACKLE THEM... I must admit, I have seen some things I like about some of our young guys too, but not enough to assume they will pan out into anything other than a mediocre nickel back/descent special teams guys...

3) Well, I guess you just underestimate our team... I think with a VERY GOOD CB, you have a team, (when Woody gets back), that can win games on defense alone... You put that with an up and coming Bryant, a big-catch receiver in Johnson, a GREAT TE in Witten, and FINALLY, a QB that can keep us in games without making stupid mistakes, (minus the Cleveland game in the second half - PLEASE DONT KEEP THIS UP VINNY), and you have a very good team... Are we SuperBowl contenders??? Probably not... NOW... But you add a guy in our backfield that is better than Newman and now you have the QB having to pick on Newman, (much better than FILL IN SORRY ROOKIE CB)... If we get into a big game against a team like Philly in the playoffs, and our defense is good enough to stop Philly's offense, anything can happen... After all, did you REALLY think Carolina was good enough to damn near win the Super Bowl??? Why did they get there??? A GREAT defense and a consistent offense... Sure, they had a good running game too, (that we may or may not get when Jones comes back), but we still have a good chance if we can stay healthy and prevent teams from actually looking forward to playing our CBs... It truly has become a sad situation... Be honest... How many times have you seen the opposing QB this year throw a ball up in which you said THATS A TD OR A PASS INTEFERENCE CALL... I can't count the times on my fingers... Again, its sad! Regarding him quitting on his team, I dont think that is a great thing to see, but keep in mind Emmitt did the same thing for two games the year we won our second super bowl... He turned out OK... Did I just compare one of the best RBs in the history of football to a very good CB??? Yes, but my point is that they both had the same intentions... To hold out for more money because they thought they were worth more than they were getting paid...

Bottom line... I think a guy like McKenzie could help put the Cowboys on the next level... Right now, we aren't even necessarily penciled in as a playoff team... You take that team and put a very good CB with an up and coming CB in Newman, and you are on your way to building something special when you factor in the rest of our defense... That type of a move puts you with the teams that have a chance, but arent necessarily favorites... Just ask Carolina what that can do for you!