View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 10:40 AM   #8
Dirkadirkastan
Diamond Member

Dirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond reputeDirkadirkastan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary
I wasn't much of a basketball fan before I started following the Mavericks...BUT I grew up around Houston, so I was mildy happy when they won back in the nineties.
Basically the same happened with me in '99. I didn't follow San Antonio closely at all, but I was happy a local team won something big (I'm from Austin).

Then I met someone in 2000 who is now one of my best friends. He's from Dallas, and he's the one that got me to follow the NBA and the Mavs.

I have never lived in Dallas. Or Germany, for that matter.

So yeah, I didn't follow the Mavs through their huge drought in the 90's. Call me a bandwagon fan, but if I followed basketball back then, I probably would be a Squirts fan. And if I was a bandwagon fan, I'd probably be a Squirts fan anyway!
Dirkadirkastan is offline   Reply With Quote