View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 09:17 PM   #27
kingmalaki

kingmalaki is infamous around these partskingmalaki is infamous around these parts

I think it's a bad trade for us, but only because I think Jackson doesn't have anything left...and I don't believe in helping division rivals. But I guess since we took in all the Katrina folks we are used to giving to the city of New Orleans.

After hearing the GM's explanation the trade makes a little more sense, but I'm still not happy with it. Mgmt feels like the team plays better defense when we are big at the PF spot and not putting Wells there. They felt Wells minutes would be reduced with the play of Landry, Head and Novak. Our backup PG is a rookie....not ideal for playoff ball, so they figured they would get a reliable backup that knows the system. Alston is a supreme scrub IMO but the offense really stalls when he sits at times. They were paying Mike James $6M a year to sit on the pine...and Jackson gives them a decent expiring deal next season.

So it was basically a salary dump and the team felt backup PG was a bigger need than backup SG/SF.
kingmalaki is offline   Reply With Quote