Thread: 2018 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 03-26-2018, 05:57 PM   #1033
saclare
Platinum Member

saclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant futuresaclare has a brilliant future

So I followed this a little more as an Arkansas fan, which, by no means makes me an expert or insider on his decision...

I could have seen him go either direction. He is incredibly athletic and defensively gifted. However, he did have issues with foul trouble his freshman year. Not too uncommon (see JJJ) but something that can easily be improved upon to help his stock. The other aspect of his game that can greatly improve is his front facing offense. Gafford could extremely benefit from a mid-range improvement. His back to the basket skills are fairly sound, though almost all guys his age can improve on that as well. But the introduction of a face up shot would do wonders for his best asset, which is finishing around the rim.

Another angle is that this draft is fairly loaded overall, but more bigs this year than next years crop. He could very easily solidify a top 10 selection, and I'm not sure he'd have to dramatically improve to do so, just show a little more. Barring injury or a pedestrian sophomore season, he should be squarely in the draft conversation next year.

Last edited by saclare; 03-26-2018 at 05:57 PM.
saclare is offline   Reply With Quote