Thread: Bucher chat:
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 01:37 PM   #45
Rhylan
Minister of Soul

Rhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond reputeRhylan has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
It wasn't the rest that was a disadvantage in 02, it was the overconfidence. I remember an AP article after we swept the Wolves titled "Mavs Talking Confidently About Championship." Ouch.

But the comparison is still valid. In 02, we swept a 5 seed while the top team (Kings) struggled against a cagey 8 seed (Jazz). Most of the fans, and I suspect the players themselves, thought the Mavs would have a relatively easy time with the Kings. I remember being shocked when we went to Arco and got beaten soundly in game one. We need to make sure we don't go into the Spurs series with big heads.
We also had beaten the Kings in the season series 3-1 that year.

I don't think it's a concern against the Spurs. They have three rings and we have a different coach. There won't be any overconfidence.
Rhylan is offline   Reply With Quote