View Single Post
Old 12-02-2004, 04:25 PM   #245
madape
Diamond Member

madape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to beholdmadape is a splendid one to behold
Default RE: Mavericks vs. Spurs Gameday Thread

I don't think that's fair. I think my Dampier criticisms have been pretty consistent. After bad days I rip him, after good days I remind people how terrible he is. If you look into it, I think you'll find that I was pretty vocal about him even during his two game streak of above average play.

For those people who have been on this board for a while know, I'm usually not very negative about this team. I can think of only two players in the history of this team that I have truly despised. One is Danny Fortson. The other is Erick Dampier. I've stood up for guys like Antoine Walker when everyone and their dog was kicking him. I loved Raef LaFrentz, who, like Dampier was brought in to take my favorite player's starting position. I liked Evan Eschmeyer. I like Jerry Stackhouse. I even praised Antoine Rigadeau up to the day he was let go. But I can't support this trade. I can't put on a good face and say it was a great offseason for the Mavericks. It's because I honestly think this guy is a bum. He's a stinking rotten turd, just like my signature shows him to be. That's what he is, and that's how I'm going to refer to him as long as he's here... or until I get tired of it.
madape is offline   Reply With Quote